• November 1Midterm reports go home November 10th

• November 1Midterm for the 2nd 9 weeks is November 8th

Importance of Being with Family During Thanksgiving

Billy Toney, Reporter

During Thanksgiving, it is important to be with family for many reasons. But, it is also important to tell somebody/everybody what you’re thankful for and why you’re thankful. In this passage, I will give you at least three reasons why, during Thanksgiving, it is important to share your thanks and being with family.

#1: Being With Family

It is important to be with family during Thanksgiving because of many reasons. The first reason is because Thanksgiving is like you’re having a family reunion, except that you get to chat, play games, meet new family members, and sharing your thanks. The second reason is that Thanksgiving should be, for everyone, one of the holidays that your whole family can have a “Get-Together.” You get to chat with someone you didn’t even know was part of your family.

The third reason is that Thanksgiving is a historical holiday, and was started when the pilgrims came to the New World, present-day North America, and set up a feast to share with the Native Americans a peace treaty. Thanksgiving actually started after this, in 1864, during the civil war, when President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed that Thanksgiving will be celebrated on the last Thursday of November.

#2: Why You Should be Thankful

During Thanksgiving, you should be thankful because you get to be with the family that gave you life, who brought you into this world. The first thing you should be thankful for is that you have a family that cares about you. They care about you more than anything in the world and would never give you up. The second thing you should be thankful for is that you can reconnect with long-lost family members. This is important because you need to know who your family is. The third thing you should be thankful for is what you have and how lucky you are to have them. The final thing you should be thankful for is that you have life, and you need to show how thankful you are for showing how thankful you are.

This is two important parts about Thanksgiving. Now I have a request. This Thanksgiving, I want you to go to everyone with you and tell them how thankful you are, how lucky you are to have them in your life. I had a cousin who I didn’t get to tell him how thankful I was to have him in my life. I didn’t get to though because his ex-girlfriend told him to commit suicide, so he shot himself while he burned down his garage. This had a negative effect on his dad and his brother, who was all he had. I want you to tell everyone how thankful you are to have them in your life before you lose them.

Image result for thanksgiving not copyrighted